Part 2 – First Year in Business
I hope you enjoyed and took action on yesterday’s blog post Part 1 – 12.3 Start-up Tips to Help You Survive the First Year in Business. The last 6.3 tips are below. Study, Do, and Teach these tips to your team, share them in your blog, and speak of them in your videos.
7. Communicate – Whether you are pinging for SEO online or wishing to get the word out around downtown, communicating with your customers – current and potential – is a key way to make it through the first year in business.
Strike up a conversation at the counter about their experience with you or send them a questionnaire via email. When you combine this with consumer data and market research on your niche, you can help create a customized atmosphere that is optimized for repeat business. Communication is essential with your first year in business.
8. Be on Time – Be on time with your bills, appointments, classes, and whatever you need to be on time too. Nothing destroys a reputation than being late. Being late to appointments shows that you weren’t courteous enough to plan ahead. Late on your bills shows that you can’t handle your funds. Don’t be late in your first year in business
9. Follow Up and Follow Through – You don’t have the luxury of dropping the ball when you are the business owner. Whether it’s setting up an appointment with for a house showing, a 3- way phone call with a rep, or just finding out if your employee can have next Friday off, you must always follow up and follow through. Be a finisher! Even if you don’t have the answer at the moment assure them that you will get it done!
10. Self Confidence – This is where you strive to be successful. It’s the inner strength to know that you will keep going when sales don’t come in, when you lose a big client, when it’s time to take on the city, bad customer, a vendor who is not delivering on time. Self confidence will be the fuel to get you to your destination. This will be your weapon against procrastination, depression, and setbacks.
11. Be Coachable – Are you willing to listen to people who have succeeded in the business you are in. Will you seek professional advice from mentors who know what they are doing. The Small Business Administration has the S.C.O.R.E. program that can help you in your business
Real estate agents, insurance agents, and independent contractors have tons of training, education, and successful people to help them succeed. You just have to go and find them. Help is everywhere and you should not do it alone.
12. Marketing – I made this last because most business forget this part. You have the shiny building, website, business cards, letterheads, and name tags. Sure you mentioned marketing in your business plan. But very few business focus their time on the actually acquiring of customers until it is too late.
Marketing is the oxygen to your business. I see real estate agents go door knocking with no plan. They send direct mail with no call to action. They put up a generic websites and hope leads just come in. Storefronts just…well sit there. They do one big grand opening and boom it’s all over. You must find a marketing plan and stick to it.
Your First Year in Business Bonus Tips
12.1 Join Toast Master – You are a business owner. So you should be around other business owners and professionals. Enhance your speaking and writing skills. This will help you become better at sales. Plus you will be around other successful people. There are hundred of chapters around the country. Visit a couple and join one.
12.2 Read for 30 Minutes per day – Leaders are readers and some of the best advice are in books. Self education is imitative in the right direction. No one is forcing you to read. You are taking it upon yourself to become a more successful entrepreneur.
12.3 Don’t quit – Never give up on your goals. That’s all I have to say. NEVER GIVE UP! Article Source:Pingler
Your First Year in Business and Prosperity Team
Join the “Prosperity Team”, we are here to help you succeed and plug you into a team of individuals all working to better your life in all areas of: Wealth, Health and Happiness! Lock arms with us below!
Stay up to date in “Real” Time with all the marketing strategies that actually work. It’s also smart to lock arms with the top team online today! The Prosperity Team!!! We show you the most up to date “Whats Working Now” strategies that will help you hit your goals…
Here Are Just A Few Of Our Prosperity Team Benefits that you can plug into:
- Live Prosperity Team Coaching Mastermind – Monday-Friday
- Live “Think & Grow Rich” Mindset Call – Monday-Friday
- 5k to 30k per month Daily Action Assignments
- Prosperity Team Training Site – Step By Step Tutorials
- Prosperity Team Facebook Mastermind
- Marketing Systems, emails & webpages that do all the selling for you.
And Most Importantly A Partnership Top Internet Marketers, Offline Marketers, 6 & 7 Figure Income Earners!
All for less than it would cost for ordering pizza for the family 1 night! If enjoyed today’s post please ‘like & share’ this page so someone else can benefit from it!
Work With Me Personally– Earn $500-1200 Per Day The Easy Way Here!
If you enjoyed this post about First Year in Business please retweet and comment…